The Earl P. Benditt Award recognizes an individual who has made an outstanding discovery or developed a concept that has been seminal to our understanding of vascular biology or pathology. For additional information about the Benditt Award, go to http://www.navbo.org/awards/earl-p-benditt-award and click on the Earl P. Benditt Award.
Nominations should be submitted by July 15, 2022.
Specific criteria and procedure:
- No age requirement
- Candidate need not be a NAVBO member
- A letter of recommendation from the primary nominator, who must be a Regular member of NAVBO
- Nobel Prize recipients are not eligible
- Recipient must be available to present a lecture at the next Vascular Biology (NAVBO's annual meeting)
- Limit additional letters of recommendation to no more than three (each a maximum of 500 words). At least two of all the letters must be by scientists from a different institution than the nominee.
- Complete online application (must upload CV in the prescribed format, see below*) and at least one letter of recommendation; limit of four letters)
B. Positions and Honors
C. Contributions to Science
Briefly describe up to five of the most significant contributions to science. For each, indicate the historical background that frames the scientific problem; central finding(s); the influence of the finding(s) on the progress of science and/or their application to health or technology; and the nominee's scientific role in the described work. Description can include up to four peer-reviewed publications and should not exceed one half page.
D. List of Trainees
E. Research Support (current and completed within last 3 years)
F. Full list of publications, organized into primary research articles, reviews, and books/book chapters.
Please complete the form below. Upload any letters of recommendation and the nominee's CV. There is a limit of five documents (CV and up to four letters).
Nominations will be reviewed by the NAVBO Meritorious Awards Committee.